Who should attend?
12D T6 is for all Registered Traffic Management operatives (RTMO) as described in NHSS document 12D who wish to become a Registered Lead Traffic Management Operative
This is to refresh M1/M2, M3, M4, & M6 for five years (providing you already hold these qualifications)
You must select a course date first!
To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge to allow them to become a Lead Traffic Management Operative on roadworks projects that fall under NHSS 12D.
The learner must have achieved 12D M1/2 as a minimum before undertaking this course.
Additional lines (qualifications) on your card may need to be paid for in addition to this, please call our office on 0800 1577010 to find out.
On completion of the session delegates will be able to:-
- Understand the aims & principles of the National Highway Sector Schemes
- Have an awareness of Traffic Management Health & Safety Issues
- Appreciate the different sources of information regarding Traffic Management and in particular understand the key issues and differences between chapter 8 and the Code of Practice (Red Book)
- Understand the Risk assessment process and how to apply it to Traffic Management
- Have an understanding of the role of the RLTMO and have demonstrated the ability to, assess the suitability of equipment, to monitor the changing conditions on site, and recommend appropriate remedial action as necessary.
- Be able to ascertain when management intervention is required
Certification is provided to successful learners by LANTRA Awards.
Certification is charged for separately if you pass the course, it is not included in the course fee. The cost is £57+vat
Your existing Skills Card will be updated detailing this qualification also.
You are only eligible to supervise those modules you have passed as a RTMO (M1 – M5)