Who should attend?
Experienced traffic management professionals with experience of working on high speed motorways and dual carriageways, or managing/planning the same, that are, or will be, required to carry out the roll of a TSCO.
You must select a course date first!
To provide candidates with the necessary knowledge to become a Traffic Safety & Control Officer.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Assess whether the contractors have the necessary resources to complete the task
- Assess whether the Traffic Management has been installed to the contract requirements
- Assess whether the TM will be sufficient for the proposed works
- Understand the role of a TSCO and its limitations
- Organise an emergency lane closure
- Complete a roadspace application for a basic closure
Candidates will each receive a certificate of attendance upon completion. Certification is charged for separately if you pass the course, it is not included in the course fee. The cost is £60+vat
Successful learners shall be awarded a LANTRA Awards ‘Black’ TSCO Card upon completion of the end of course written test providing they can produce evidence of the following additional training being complete and valid.
12A Foreman Course
3 day First Aid at Work
Approved Health & Safety Training Course (SSSTS, MSIC or equivalent)
A TSCO card application form also needs to be completed, ask one of our admin team for details.