Who should attend?
*** This course will be available from April 1st 2019 ***
All persons who will be required by their employer to work on Low Speed Dual Carriageways, running live lane operations using an IPV and for protecting and installing static temporary traffic management.
You must select a course date first!
On completion of the session delegates will be able to:-
- be aware of the sector scheme documents
- be aware of the general health and safety requirements at work as well as those, which are specific to the traffic management industry
- understand the importance of risk assessments and method statements for traffic management activities
- be aware of the reference documentation used for traffic management
- know the requirements for an impact protection vehicle as described in the relevant reference documents
- be able to conduct pre-work checks on an impact protection vehicle
- understand the procedures used for protecting the installation of a static temporary traffic management taper
- understand the extent of their duties after achieving this card
- understand the different types of work that are beyond the scope of this training
- demonstrate they have sufficient underpinning knowledge required to be an IPV driver
- prepare an IPV ready for working in a live lane
- arrive on site and set up the operation correctly
- operate to safe working procedures including hazard and junction negotiation
- remove the operation correctly