Who should attend?
*** This course will be available from April 1st 2019 ***
All persons who will be required by their employer to work on low speed dual carriageways, running single vehicle mobile operations using an IPV as an escort vehicle.
You must select a course date first!
To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge to allow them to safely operate and IPV whilst protecting single vehicle mobile operations on a low speed dual carriageway of 40mph or less. Course delegates must hold the appropriate HGV category on their driving licence.
To drive in live lanes the candidate must also pass a live lane assessment on a separate day/night. This can be booked separately by calling our office on 0800 1577010.
*** Your NEW Smart Card cost is included in the course price ***
On completion of the session delegates will be able to:-
- be aware of the sector scheme documents
- be aware of the general health and safety requirements at work as well as those, which are specific to the traffic management industry
- understand the importance of risk assessments and method statements for traffic management activities
- be aware of the reference documentation used for traffic management
- know the requirements for an impact protection vehicle as described in the relevant reference documents
- be able to conduct pre-work checks on an impact protection vehicle
- understand the procedures used for protecting mobile operations
- understand the extent of their duties after achieving this card
- understand the different types of work that are beyond the scope of this training
- demonstrate they have sufficient underpinning knowledge required to be an IPV driver
- prepare an IPV ready for working
- arrive on site and set up the operation correctly
- operate to safe working procedures including hazard and junction negotiation
- remove the operation correctly
Youu must already have the following qualifications, valid and in date, before you can attend this course.
- 12D M1
Lantra Awards will apply the relevant entitlement to your skills card upon successful completion of this course/assessment.