Who should attend?
Employees and workers who are required to supervise other operatives installing/removing signing, lighting, & guarding equipment to direct traffic and pedestrians around work sites.
You must select a course date first!
To provide delegates with the Knowledge and practical skills required to sign, light and guard street works and roadworks in line with the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991, revised 2002 Code of Practice (NRSWA). This course covers the setting out of traffic lights, signs, cones and barriers.
- Planning a signing, lighting and guard project
- Types of works, basic principles and legal requirements for signing and guarding
- On-site risk assessment, methods of traffic control, speed control and operating portable traffic signals
- Works on footways, cycle lanes, track and cycle routes and near tramways and railways
- Theory and Practical Assessments
Unit 10 allows you to supervise those installing/removing signing, lighting, & guarding equipment to direct traffic and pedestrians around work sites.
SQA will provide certification and a Unit 10 Streetworks card to all those that successfully pass this course.
The certification is valid for 5 years