Who should attend?
From April 2016 all persons looking to begin working on High Speed Motorways and Dual Carriageways in the Temporary Traffic Management industry shall have to attend this one day basic course before attending any further courses or working on live TTM works.
For those looking to work on rural and urban roads (sector scheme 12D works) this course is now also mandatory from 1st April 2018.
You must select a course date first!
To provide a basic introduction to the Temporary Traffic Management Industry for new starters.
*** Your NEW Smart Card cost is included in the course price ***
On completion of this course learners will:
- Be aware of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Be aware of Sector Schemes
- Understand the QA process and NHSS documents
- Be aware of the different types of roads across the UK road network
- Be aware of which roads / works are covered by which NHSS document
- Be aware of the different classifications of “road users” i.e. pedestrians, horse riders, cyclists etc
- Understand the different terminology used in the TTM industry in relation to different roads
- Understand the process(es) required to become a qualified Operative and obtain a skills registration card, plus ongoing training to Supervisor level
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements including risk assessments and method statements
- Have an understanding of the variety of TTM equipment and the basic principles of its use
- Understand what constitutes a safety zone
- Be aware of the general PPE requirements
- Understand crossing the carriageway HSE CIS53
- Be aware of the different types of vehicles used in TTM and where they are used
- Understand the environment where learners are expected to work
- Be aware of the safe way to enter / exit a site
- Be aware of the need to maintain sites, and what is involved
- Know how to deal with accidents and emergencies within the works area.
Lantra Awards shall provide a NEW Lantra / CSCS Smart Card to those that successfully pass the end of course assessment.
The pass mark is 75%
Certification lasts for 6 months only. You should attend the 12D T1/T2 course, 12C operative course, or the 12AB operative course between 3 and 6 months after attending this training course to keep your qualifications current and progress further.