Who should attend?
Qualified IPV Drivers who's card is within 6 months of its expiry date & wish to renew their qualification
You must select a course date first!
To provide delegates with an update to the requirements for IPV Drivers working on the Highways in the UK, and to test their knowledge. Course delegates must hold the appropriate HGV category on their driving licence.
On completion of the session delegates will be able to:-
- be aware of the sector scheme documents
- be aware of the general health and safety requirements at work as well as those, which are specific to the traffic management industry
- understand the importance of risk assessments and method statements for traffic management activities
- be aware of the reference documentation used for traffic management
- know the requirements for an impact protection vehicle as described in the relevant reference documents
- understand the procedures used for protecting the installation of a static temporary traffic management taper
- understand the procedures used for protecting mobile hard shoulder operations
- understand the extent of their duties after achieving this card
- understand the different types of work that are beyond the scope of this training and require full mobile lane closure techniques to be implemented
- demonstrate they have sufficient underpinning knowledge required to be an IPV driver
Successful learners are awarded a Lantra Awards / CSCS Smart Card upon completion of the end of course multiple choice exam, and their non-live lane assessment.