Who should attend?
This course is designed to give anyone the knowledge required to fulfil their role as fire warden in the workplace. It will provide them with information about the basic principles of fire, combating fire, identifying risks and addressing them, fire safety arrangements that should be in place, the requirements for fire plans, and their involvement in emergency evacuation procedures.
You must select a course date first!
Upon completion of this course, learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- Their role as fire warden in the workplace and their legal duties.
- Basic principles and classifications of fires.
- Heat transmission and how fire spreads.
- How to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- Common causes of fires in the workplace.
- Control measures to minimise the risk of fire.
- Structural measures that prevent fire and smoke from spreading.
- Fire detection, fire warning, and fire equipment.
- Requirements for fire plans.
- Emergency evacuation procedures.
Throughout the course learners will be under continuous observation by the trainer and a written assessment shall also be carried out during the day. Successful learners shall receive a certificate through First Aid Solutions.
It is strongly recommended you update of your skills every 3 years.