Who should attend?
The first aid at Work requalification course is for those learners who already hold a valid three day first aid at work qualification and wish to renew for a further 3 years.
You must select a course date first!
To re-qualify and update existing First Aiders to HSE standards so that they can continue to provide First Aid in the Workplace. The course will enable delegates to summon help and give safe, prompt and effective first aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness.
By the end of this course, the delegates will be able to;
- Understand the role of a First Aider
- Undertake a primary survey of a casualty
- Communicate effectively with the casualty
- Identify and administer the appropriate treatment for a casualty who;
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- is unconscious;
- is bleeding or wounded
- is suffering from shock
- is suffering from an injury to bones, muscles or joints
- has been burned or scalded;
- has an eye injury;
- has been overcome by gas or fumes; or may have been poisoned or exposed to a harmful substance;
- Carry out effective CPR
- Complete records for incidents and accidents
- Maintain the contents of first aid kits
Delegates must attend all sessions and pass the assessment. Successful delegates will then be awarded a First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years. We recommend refreshing your skills every 12 months.