Who should attend?
This course is for people working with young children Who Should Attend and those working towards an Early Years educator qualification. The paediatric first aid course meets the Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements.
You must select a course date first!
Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider.
- Dealing with emergencies
- Unconscious and breathing baby and child
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation for baby and child
- Choking baby and child
- First aid kits and hygiene techniques
- Bleeding and wounds
- Burns and scalds
- Objects in eyes, ears and nose
- Recording, reporting and administering medication
- Extremes of hot and cold
- Sickness and fever
- Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Seizures
- Fractures, Sprains, and strains
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Adult first aid
Throughout the course learners will be under Certification continuous observation by the trainer and a written assessment shail also be carried out on each day.
Successful learners shall receive a Qualsafe Awards certificate that is valid for 3 years.